The Certificate of Participation is the funding source of the Foundation's Church Development Loan Fund providing loans to the Great Plains Conference United Methodist Churches and related institutions throughout the state of Kansas and Nebraska for the purchase of real estate, building new church starts, renovating existing buildings, large maintenance projects, operating needs and re-financing existing indebtedness. The Certificate of Participation program is available to our Great Plains Conference Kansas and Nebraska United Methodist Churches, individuals and related institutions.
The Certificate of Participation provides an investment alternative for those who are seeking the security of a fixed income type vehicle at competitive rates. It is an excellent option for investors who like to invest in certificate of deposits or money market funds. These certificates have been registered with the State of Kansas Securities Commissioner and the Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance. The Certificate of Participations are not offered in any other state or jurisdiction.
• $1000 minimum investment – 12-month term or 24-month term
• No penalty for early withdrawal for special circumstances
• Simple Application Process – Must obtain an Offering Circular
• Fixed rates adjusted monthly for new certificates
One-Year Rate: 1.00%
Two-Year Rates: 1.25%
1. Read the Offering Circular.
2. Fill out an application for participation.
3. Mail the completed application, along with your investment check, to the Foundation Office.
Kansas Area United Methodist Foundation
P.O. Box 605
Hutchinson, KS 67504
If you have any question or would like additional information, please contact the Foundation office directly at 888-453-8405 or firstname.lastname@example.org.